Before you get started, here are some videos you should watch:
- How People BREAK 3D Printers (and how to stop it)
- 5 3D printing mistakes and how to avoid them
- Bed levelling for beginners to achieve a perfect first layer
Now that your bed is leveled, and you’re ready to get started we’re going to print the iconic Benchy. The purpose of Benchy is to determine if your printer is appropriately calibrated. For now, we just want to make sure we can get it to print.
- Download the Benchy STL from Thingiverse.
- Extract the files and open it in your slicing software. I’m using Cura Ultimaker which you can download for free
- Set the infill to 20%, without supports or adhesion selected. Then hit slice.
- Save the gcode to your SD card, and print it on your 3D printer.
Troubleshooting and community
If you want to get help please join the online communities below. You will find our 3D printing experts at CreativeTools and the enthusiastic maker community there.
You can visit 3DBenchy.com for more information on how to use #3DBenchy.
Source: The above was taken from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:763622
Congratulations you now have your first 3D Print!